From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:07:36 -0400

Below is my summary of responses to the following message:

"Has anyone tried any of the gf Atkins products - do any of them taste
good?  Do any of them taste bad?"

*****TASTE GOOD******
2 votes: Endulge line (overall)
-I’m addicted to the Atkins Endulge line- satisfies a chocolate craving
-The candy is very good!  You'd never know it was low carb (and now,
thankfully, gluten free).
     2 votes: Endulge peanut butter cups
     1 vote:  Endulge wafer bars
     - the wafer bars are amazing!
     1 vote:  Endulge chocolate bars
     1 vote: Endulge caramel nut bars

2 votes: Advantage bars (overall)
-It's all a matter of what you're used to. The bars are not terrible.
-I've tried most of the Advantage bars and I do like them -- especially
the chocolate ones. But I must warn you that these bars contain
polydextrose, which can cause gas and diarrhea in some people --
especially if you consume it on a fairly regular basis. So proceed with
caution.
     3 votes: Peanut Butter Advantage bar
      -My personal favorite was the peanut butter bar!
     1 vote: Mocha Chocolate Advantage bar
     1 vote: Chocolate Decadence Advantage bar
     1 vote: Chocolate Coconut Advantage bars
     1 vote: S’more Advantage bar

2 votes: Atkins Shakes (overall)
-if they’re being used for a mousse or similar, a little goes a long
way.
-I am very sensitive and have done well with these items.
     1 vote: Vanilla Shake mix
     1 vote: Chocolate Shake mix
     1 vote: Café au Lait Shake mix

1 vote: Flatbread crackers - plain
-They taste good in a hearty way, not a sweet way. They are very high
protein for a cracker, low carb. Definitely substantial enough to make a
peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of or similar toppings. If you're
looking for a sweeter cracker like some of the gluten-free crackers that
contain high-fructose corn syrup or other sweeteners, this one is not
for you. But it is not a bitter taste.  The crackers are made by a small
independent bakery, not Atkins, but I don't have the packaging left so I
can't remember the name. These aren't cheap - they're $13.99 for two
6-oz. boxes so I may try to order from the bakery to save money next
time

1 vote: Atkins mixes (overall)
-The bake mix and some of the muffin mixes were okay

1 vote: Atkins Vanilla syrup

1 vote: Chocolate ice cream cups (I don't see these on the GF list sent
out last week)

1 vote: Vanilla ice cream cups (I don't see these on the GF list sent
out last week)

*****TASTE BAD*****
1 vote: Advantage bars (overall)
-I used to buy the snack bars for quick breakfasts and snacks. A first,
they don't taste too bad, but after awhile the aftertaste really started
making me sick (not literally). I think I ate them for a few months.

1 vote: Cinnamon Bun Morning Start Bars
-I bought a box of the Creamy Cinnamon Bun Morning Start bars after
verifying that they were gf.  I've had one out of the 5 in the box which
sold for $6.99.  I won't spend that again.

1 vote: Atkins pasta (overall)
-The pasta was the worst thing I have EVER tasted!  My husband and I
ended up throwing it away - including the two unopened packages we
bought!  We had tried the pasta with a really wonderful homemade sauce
thinking it might help...it didn't!  Horrendous!  Even some of the worst
GF pasta I've since tried was better than the Atkins!

1 vote: Atkins syrup (overall)
- The syrups are nasty (DaVinci makes much better sugar-free flavored
syrups that appear to be gf).

1 vote: Atkins bake mix
-I made pancakes and waffles with the bake mix and it was very
disappointing - edible but not great