Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:17:35 -0500

Dear Listmates -
Thank you to everyone who responded.
I got a lot of responses, most suggesting
Kedem gefilte fish, but I can't get that out here in
the far south suburbs of Chicago.

The stores out here don't have Kedem.
They have only Rokeach (cans, jars - and all varieits
that they carry have matzo meal - i.e. wheat -  in them),
Manischewitz, and Yehudah.

No Kedem, and also no Mother's (which one listmate said
to look at ingredients of).

They also have the frozen Ungar's log, that you
cook in the inner wrapper - and you cook the whole
thing at once. That is big, and I am the only one in
the house who eats Gefilte fish. My husband won't
eat it.

I tried the Ungar's last year. I froze part of it after cooking,
since I'm the only one who eats it, and later thawed the part
I had frozen, but I didn't like the taste after freezing and thawing
the cooked gefilte fish. Actually, I wasn't nuts about the taste
of the Ungar's cooked log anyway. Used lots of onions, and
carrots, but just didn't care for the product.

A couple of replies said to drive up to Skokie for Kedem brand.
Skokie is in the far north suburbs of Chicago, and I am in the far
southeast, almost to the Illinois-Indiana border (we are
6 miles west of Munster, Indiana). I don't have time
to go up to Skokie.

If I had thought of it in time, I might have found a place
online that has Kedem and ordered it. It will have to wait
until next year, unless I can find a place in nearby Indiana
with Kedem. I'll call over there today and see what they have.

Thank you, everyone, and have a beautiful Passover!
-Vicki