From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:49:28 -0500

On July 3, one of our list mates reported good news about Cold Stone
Creamery and how all but one flavor are gluten free.  Remembering that, my
husband and I went to redeem our coupon for a free treat when one opened in
our neighborhood.  I didn't see ingredients labeled on the names over the
choices, so asked if the gluten free list was available in the store.
Although I was confident about it, I still think it is good to educate all
food service employees when the opportunity arises.  She didn't know what I
was talking about so called her supervisor over.

He said the only thing I could have is the lemon sorbet.  I asked if he had
the printout from the website.  He said, "Better than that, I can call the
regional supervisor to verify it."   I asked if he knew what gluten is.  He
said it is wheat.   He did call, and was told that lemon sorbet was my only
choice.  All other flavors have wheat in them.  I asked if the website had
been changed.  He had no idea.

I just came home and found the website still shows almost all are gf.  In
fact, in the FAQ section, it says, "Our Cake Batter Ice Cream is the only
ice cream flavor that contains gluten.  Our frozen yogurt and sorbets do not
contain glutens."

This sounds like another situation where they are covering their tush by
rejecting our business across the board.  If you have been trusting and
ordering this ice cream, I suggest that you confront the store where you
shop and ask them about this.  I also plan to contact the corporate HQ and
ask about it.    If you have eaten this ice cream, you might also want to
let them know what you think about this.  Their website can be found at
http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/main/index.asp .

Thanks,

Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.com