Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:35:11 -0500

Hi Everyone, I am new to the list and this is my first summary, hipefully
goes through correctly. First of all thank you to the many of you who
responded to my question as to if there could be gluten withdrawals as a
source of my headaches. Many of the resposes were the same. In summary
here are the resposes:

Many have experienced headaches after going GF that lasted any where from
a few days to 6 weeks and believe it was a withdrawal symptoms.
One post was very helpful in explaining why the withdrawal symptom may
occuR:
"Although this does not apply to all those beginning a gluten-free diet,
your
notiont that you may be going through withdrawal is probably pretty
accurate. Very small amounts of morphine-like substances derive from the
partly digested proteins in gluten. These partiail proteins, called
peptides, are absorbed into the bloodstream and can be quite addictive.
When
beginning a gluten-free diet, withdrawal symptoms are not uncommon."

Some of the other common responsess were it could be from allergy to
another food, stress headaches and a withdrawal due to lack of carbs.

Hope this is helpful, I know it was for me. Thanks again to all of you
that took time out of your day to respond to me. Tami Q