From:
Judy Bayliss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:47:11 -0400

I've been lurking the past couple of weeks, ever since I found out - through
RAST tests - that I'm allergic to tomatoes, wheat & gluten.  It's been
suggested that I post my experience with a wonderful Bed & Breakfast this
past weekend.  The owners of Zephyr Glen Inn in Scottdale PA were great!
Their web site (http://www.bbonline.com/pa/zephyrglen/) states that they will
accomodate special dietary needs if you let them know ahead of time.  So I
emailed them about my allergies and they emailed me back that it would be no
problem.

The owners - Noreen & Gil McGurl - knocked themselves out to make us feel
welcome, and to make me feel like less of an 'oddball'.  Noreen managed to
find some rice flour and made fresh muffins and pancakes for me, along with
the delicious egg bake and fruit soup.  She keeps an album of menus from all
the local restaurants.  Both days, after we looked through the menus and
decided where we'd like to eat, Noreen called ahead and talked to the chef
about my allergies.  Noreen is allergic to corn and black pepper and knows
what it's like to deal with this kind of problem, and knew just exactly how
alienated I'm feeling at this point.  Her caring and special attention really
made it a great weekend.

If any of you have reason to be traveling in the vicinity of Scottdale PA,
(45 miles southeast of Pittsburgh) I'd highly recommend the Zephyr Glen Inn.

Judy Bayliss