From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:06:14 EST

This is an update on what I have turned up so far.  Of course the usual
disclaimers apply.  Please check this information out for yourself to your own
satisfaction.

I have a letter from ESPE regarding the following products: Impregum, Ketac
Cem, Etching Gel, Cavit.  The letter reads as follows:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the use of gluten in ESPE products.
While I am able to confirm that gluten is not used in any of ESPE's intra-oral
materials, some of our external packing components are not manufactured by
ESPE and, as such, I am unable to confirm the exclusion of gluten in either
the composition or production of these materials.

ESPE is aware of the and special requirements of the users of our products.  I
hope that I have provided you with sufficient information to aid in your
selection of dental materials.  Should you need any additional information,
please do not hesitate to call.
 <End of Letter>

Note:  The materials named specifically above were the ones that my dentist
uses that I specifically asked about.

GC America is working on this.  They have had a number of inquiries.  They are
being very cooperative, are working very thoroughly on their research, and are
keeping me informed of their progress.  I will report to you when I have
anything definite from them.

Still waiting for first response from other manufacturers that I have
contacted.

Hope this is helpful.