From:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 12:25:23 -0400

Dear List,

I can't thank everyone enough for your responses to my question about
my daughter's tingly sensations several hours after eating at
Carrabba's for the first time.  After reading all of your
experiences, I am suspecting that it probably was a gluten reaction
of some kind but that in order to be sure, we need to test it out.
We need to know what a gluten reaction looks like for her so we know
when to attribute her symptoms to celiac and when not to...

It is so helpful knowing there are people out there dealing with, and
more experienced with, all of this that are willing to take the time
to share their  thoughts and experiences....thank you!!

Kim in PA

Here are the responses summarized:

Many people said that with gluten, anything is possible

  15 people said they had experienced  peripheral neuropathy of
different types, including tingly sensations

Several people  wondered if the symptoms were related to potassium
levels

Several people raised the possibility that  the symptoms could be a
reaction to something like MSG

One person said they feel tingly when their electrolytes are out of
balance

One person wondered if it could be related to diabetes and low blood
sugar

One person thought it could be food allergies of any kind