Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:29:21 -0400

Thanks everyone who sent info on Toronto!

Here is a short summary of your responses and our experience:

www.theceliacscene.com - this website has a list of restaurants

Il Fornello - excellent.  However - GF pizza up charge was $5.  Pasta up charge was $2.   They had a delicious blood orange sorbet for dessert.

Kit Kat - they have GF pasta.  Italian food - very good but very pricey.

Someone recommended the burger grinder - we didnt get there.  But the recommendation said they have GF buns and dedicated fryers for French fries!

Azure (Intercontinental) - dinner was excellent.  Breakfast was uncomfortable to navigate (buffet) - if we did this a second time we would skip the included buffet and order ala cart.  The staff insisted they could accommodate GF from the buffet - but they were not prepared to do this.

The Canadian National Exhibition - we found nothing GF other than a drink, cotton candy, fudge  and an ice cream.  It was disappointing and eye opening to see how much gluten was used in the FOOD building by almost every restaurant there.  I had called ahead to the ex to see if they could tell me which vendors / restaurants might have GF - they couldn't tell me.

*******
*******