From:
Bev Lieven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:44:34 EDT

I found this some time ago on a dietary treatment for autism site.

http://www.gfcfdiet.com/Foodupdates.htm3/29/00 Post 1-800-431-7678

  "Cocoa Pebbles  and  Fruity Pebbles
   Although these products do not contain any gluten or casein the products
   are cross contaminated on the production lines with a corn flour which is
   now mixed with wheat flour. This is done to prevent the product from
   sticking together."

My college age, living away from home, son is the Pebbles consumer in our
family.  Since I don't have a box here to check the label, I decided to call
Post.  I was told politely they couldn't give that information over the
phone, but they would be happy to send me a g.f. list.  About half way
through the call, I found I was talking to a Kraft representative.  (This was
a surprise to me since I was calling Post.)  Anyway, I decided to give them
the benefit of the doubt & waited for my g.f. list. When the letter arrive it
listed the Kraft products which were g.f. with NO mention whatsoever about
the Post cereals even being part of the Kraft family.

If the above post is true (& I'm not sure what else to do to check it out),
I sure hope they have changed the labeling to show the added wheat flour or
even that they are part of the Kraft family.  Since I don't buy this product
myself, I hope I'm just out of touch w/ current labeling.  If not, other are
probably still eating this cereal assuming little risk of contamination.

Bev in Milwaukee