From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:47:54 -0600

Sorry it has taken me so long to do this summary.  Thank you for all the
replies I got.  Once again this list is great help to us all!  My
original question was "If I take my own bread could I dip it into the
juice for communion" and here are the replies I got:

Don't take communion at all:  2
Take your own bread/wafer and have a separate glass of juice/wine:  17
Take your own bread/wafer and don't dip:  5
Take your own bread/wafer and no problems before with dipping them:  5
Be first in line:  2

The best advice I got, which I used and was fine (but that was me and
may not be you), was to TRUST GOD!  I took a piece of my GF bread and
gave it to my minister at the beginning of church.  He kept it separate
for me and I did dip it along with everyone else and had no reaction.  I
have a 3 1/2 year old so I sit in the back of the church and cannot be
the 1st in line and, in fact, this time I was the very last person to go
through communion.  The advice was to Trust God--He is the one that made
communion and so we should have faith that He won't let us become "sick"
over a little gluten while doing something that He created.

Well I hope this helps other people.  I felt "whole" taking communion
again, even though before I felt that God understood, but now I know
that He really does understand and will let me be OK taking communion
with my bread and dipping it with the rest of the people!  Thanks again
to everyone who responded to my question!

Amy