Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:36:41 -0500

Here are several from one person.  Thanks.

Angel Food Cake

12 Egg Whites  or 1 1/2 cup ( I separate the egg cold and then set the
mixing bowl in warm water to warm the egg whites to room temp.)
1 cup gluten free flour mix
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon Corn starch
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt

Sift all dry ingred. 3 times and set aside.  Beat egg whites until almost
stiff.  Add 3/4 (second one) cup sugar a tablespoon at a time to beating egg
whites.  Fold in dry ingredients.  Add 1 tsp vanilla.  (I found powder
vanilla that I use.  It works much better.)  Bake 375 for 45 min on the
LOWEST rack in oven.  I cover my cake for the last 10 min. and turn the
temp. down to 350.  I don't like my cake dark.  Make sure mixing bowl and
spatula is oil free or the egg whites will not peak.  Take cake out of oven
and turn upside down to cool.  I have an old Pepsi bottle to use.

 ANGEL FOOD CAKE

1 1/2  cups egg whites
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup gluten free flour
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Beat egg whites until feathery;  add cream of tartar.  Beat until stiff, but
not dry.  Add granulated sugar, a  little at a time.  Add salt and vanilla.
Sift G.F. flour and confectioners sugar 3 times.  Sift
into mixture and fold in.  Bake in tube pan for 1 hr. & 5 min at 325
degrees.

Very good with a butter cream frosting or cream cheese
frosting.

ANGEL FOOD CAKE

1 2/3 cup egg whites (at room temperature)
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1 cup sugar
Sift together the potato starch, cornstarch and 3/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
In large mixer bowl combine egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and
flavorings.  Beat on High speed until whites are stiff and stand in peaks-1
1/2 to 2 minutes.  Do Not Overbeat!  Reduce speed to medium  and sprinkle in
the 1 cup of sugar taking about 1 minute.  Turn to the lowest speed and
sprinkle in the sifted flour and sugar mixture - 1 1/2 minutes.  Using a
rubber spatula gently push the mixture into the ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
Cut through batter with the spatula going around in widening circles without
lifting spatula.  Push batter to touch edge of pan all around.  Bake at 375
for 35 minutes.  Cake will be golden on top.  It is better to bake it a
little longer than too short if you are unsure otherwise it might collapse.
Remove from oven and invert at once, let hang until completely cold.
Makes 1 10-inch Angel Food Cake.

ANGEL FOOD CAKE

1 cup and 2 tbsp gf flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
12 egg whites at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla flavor
1/4 tsp salt

Mix flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, and xanthan gum.  Set aside.  Place egg =
whites in bowl and beat until frothy.  Add Cream of tartar and salt to =
egg whites.  Whip until stiff but not dry.   Lower speed
and add the other 3/4 cup of sugar.  Stop and scrape bowl.   By hand =
fold flour mixture into eggwhite mixture-1/4 cup at a time.   Pour =
batter in ungreased 10 inch tube pan.  Gently cut through batter with =
knife to break air bubbles.   Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min.  Remove =
and invert immediately to cool. Keep inverted level until cool.

ANGEL FOOD CAKE
Marlene Herron

3/4 cup egg whites (about 5 large)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp cream or tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest

1. Place eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring them to room temperature.
2. Sift together powdered sugar, potato starch, and cornstarch, set
aside.  Measure granulated sugar and set aside.
3. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and lemon peel in large
mixing bowl. With mixer at high, beat until mixture forms soft peaks.
Continue beating and add the granulated sugar slowly. Beat until sugar
is dissolved and forms stiff peaks.
4. With rubber spatula, gently fold in the powdered sugar mixture about
1/4 at a time, folding just enough so the powdered sugar mixture
disappears.
5. Pour batter into ungreased 9-inch tube pan (or 8x4 loaf pan) and cut
through with spatula to break any air bubbles.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until top springs back when
lightly touched. Cool in the inverted pan until completely cooled before
removing from pan.
Double the recipe for a 10-inch tube pan.

Chocolate flavor:  Add 1 heaping TBSP cocoa.
Pink Angel Cake:  Add 1 heaping TBSP mixed fruit Jell-O powder.

Angel Food Cake

1 cup rice flour mix ( I use Bette Hangman's)

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Sift these first 5 ingredients together 3 times.

12 egg whites, at room temperature(I use extra large eggs)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
      Whip egg whites until slightly firm.  Add 3/4 cup sugar small amt.
at a time.  Beat the egg whites until firm peak.  Fold in flour mixture
and then vanilla.
      Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan.  Bake on bottom rack of
oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cover with foil and bake at 350
degrees for another 10-15 min.  Turn upside down over a bottle to cool.
      I have found dry powder vanilla.  This works well instead of
liquid.   I put the vanilla in with all the dry ingredients to mix it
well.  Liquid vanilla works but it will make the cake batter fall a
little.  I have also added powdered chocolate to the cake mix.  Turns
out very well.  I just added a couple of tablespoons of chocolate to the
dry ingredients.