From:
Carla Giese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:13:06 -0700

My doctor recently wanted me to take a particular multi-vitaman that
listed wheat and barley grass in the ingreadients, yet it also said on the
bottle that they were gluten free. The doctors secretary called the
manufacturer and they said that the gluten is only  in the seeds. So here
are my questions:

1.  How can they be sure that no seeds got mixed in with the grass?

2.  If there is no gluten in the grass how does it suddenly manifest itself
in the seed?

3.  Can I take the manufacturer's word for it (being GF) or should I find out
where they get the wheat and barley grass and chek on the procedures for
seperating the seeds from the grass?

Thanks in advance for any information you may  have.
Carla Giese