From:
Marlene Maderer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:09:48 EDT

Thank you for contacting us.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat,  rye, and barley. Although it is
typically not added directly to our products, it  may be present in fragrances. Due to
the difficulty of tracing the source  ingredients for the variety of
fragrances used in manufacturing our products, we  can not provide specific levels of
gluten content for any of our fragrance  blends.

Be aware that even products labeled "unscented" will still  contain a masking
scent, therefore they may potentially contain gluten

If  you are wanting further information on Pantene products you would need to
visit  their website, www.pantene.com or call 1-800-285-5170.

I have been able  to determine what foods I should or should not eat, but I
am having difficulty  with getting difinitive answers regarding soaps,
deodorants and shampoos. The  following answer from Pantene is a typical one that I've
received from several  companies I've used in the past. With this answer,
since my latest biopsy shows  I am getting gluten somehow, I am afraid to use
almost anything. SOOO, if you  are a 'reactor' and therefore would probably know,
what soaps, deodorants and  shampoos have you found 'safe'? Thank you in
advance!

Marlene

"We hope that we have been helpful.

The Consumer Affairs Team
013190966A/EAV

Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
If  you have additional comments about this issue, please click  here:

http://www.econsumeraffairs.com/cla/contactusfollowup.htm?F1=013190966A"