Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:28:05 -0400

Hello Everyone,
        I recently e-mailed Haagen-Daz to ask about their ice cream and they
replied with the following statement:

We no longer publish special diet lists.  Below, you will find a list of
allergens.  If the ingredient you are questioning is on this list, our
company would specifically list it on the ingredient panel.

Because we may reformulate every 3 months, we are concerned about
communicating incorrect information.

   Allergens Noted On Pillsbury/Haagen-Dazs Labels
Milk and Milk products (all milks, buttermilks, wheys, cheeses, creams,
milk protein, caseinate)
Peanuts (including peanut butter, cold pressed peanut oil)
Soy (including soy protein, soy flour, soybean meal, soy lecithin)
Legumes [additional to soy and peanuts (dry beans such as chick peas,
pinto beans, lentils, etc.)]
Tree Nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts/filberts, macadamia
nuts,pecans, pine nuts, walnuts)
Seafood (includes fish and shellfish)
Eggs (includes dried eggs, egg yolks, egg whites, albumin)
Wheat and other sources of gluten [all wheat containing ingredients
(flour,bran gluten, etc.) and  all ingredients containing rye, oats,
triticale, spelt]
Sulfites
Cottonseed
Mushrooms
Peas
Poppy Seeds
Sesame Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Yellow #5 and Yellow #6
MSG

If you require more information, please contact The Food Allergy Network
at:

The Food Allergy Network
10400 Eaton Place, Suite 107
Fairfax, VA  22030
Phone:  1-800-929-4040, Monday through Friday, 9-5
http://www.foodallergy.org

We hope this information will be helpful to you.

E. Warner

Cathy M.