From:
Brian & Tami Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:01:09 -0800

Hi!  It's me AGAIN!

I'm just wondering if any of you ever thought that maybe you had Crohn's
Disease instead of Celiac Disease (or perhaps in addition to??)?

Of all my blood work, the one test to come back strongly positive was
the ABIGG gliadin.  It was high at 50.

My endoscopy procedure report said this:

Findings: "The duodenal bulb and second portion of the duodenum were
notable for flattening of the folds.  No obvious scalloping was seen.
Random biopsies were performed."

Impression:
"Evidence of sprue but no other abnormalities."

The day after the endoscopy, I landed in the E.R. due to the anesthesia
used in the procedure.  In the E.R. they did x-rays of me and found that
I had inflamed intestines.

When the biopsies came back a week later, they were NEGATIVE. UGH!

So, now I'm wondering what my definite diagnosis is.  My biopsies are
being sent to the Univ. of WA for a second opinion.  But I'm looking at
other things to explain what has been wrong with me for so long.

In the meantime, I've stayed gluten-free for a little over two weeks.
The major stomach cramping and two hour diarrhea sessions have stopped.
I still have nausea...but it's still early, I know.

I'm just wondering if any of you had investigated into other diseases or
options....of course, I know, there's always Irritable Bowel
Syndrome...the one I was "assumed" to have had my whole life.

I'm reading and researching all the time.  But any input that you may
contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you!

Tami
Hoquiam, WA