From:
Russell Baleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:30:51 +0100

Dear all,

Thank you to those who contributed.  It was helpful.  I am still awaiting a
message from the manufacturer's of the remedies but thought I best post the
summary now.

I love those remedies and have never had a reaction to them  - Valerie, Calif

Hi Russell, I was looking into grape brandy some time ago.  One of the people
that I called mentioned that some brandys were aged in oak barrels that were
used to age bourbon.  When I checked with one distiller and that was confirmed.
The ingredients of grape brandy are usually GF, it's the aging that is the
problem.  I also tried to find out about Cognac, which is distilled three to
five times, but no luck.  I can't say anything about the brandy in question, but
it is something to think about.  Sorry!
Jim D.

Dear Russell, I would be very interested in reading your summary of any
replies you get on Bach Remedies.  I have a little bottle of Rescue Remedy
in my purse that I haven't dared to use until I find out for sure if it is
gluten-free.  Regards, Mary in NYC

<I belong to an International Coeliac Helpline and after posing my question
about the Bach Flower Remedies, have already had a couple asking me to
check if the were indeed completely gluten free in the manufacturing
process.>

<I don't know the answer to this off the top of my head, so I am forwarding
it to A Nelson & Co, who carry out the dilution and bottling procedure and
actually buy in the brandy that is used. They'll respond to you direct.
All the best, Stefan Ball
Dr Edward Bach Centre
www.bachcentre.com
Writing at 12:26 on 10/09/98

Hi Russell,
I was under the impression that brandy is OK for CD people because it is
made entirely from grapes and doesn't have any malt (that may be made from
barley or wheat) added. It's just unfortunate that I don't like brandy.
What I really like is beer (sigh). Cheers, Jen  Jen Smythe

Hi, Russell -
You've no doubt received many reassurances already, but let me put in my two
cents - brandy is wine, wine is fine - as long as there was no other liquor
added also. Enjoy!
Sue in Concord, New Hampshire, USA

Hi Russell,
I have used Bach remedies on and off for many years without problems. As you
say, it is grape-based brandy (like wine). Also, each dose is only a few
drops. I would expect that if you tolerate wine or brandy, you would do fine.
The only remedy I haven't used is the wild oats.
Kate in VA, USA