From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:09:08 -0400

Hey all,

There are many of us who rely on supplements to make up the holes in our
diets......what we've been missing from malabsorption.....what we're
missing from typical glutenous fortified food.....and supplements that
we take for other reasons.

anyhoo, thought this would interest those of you who do take supplements
and are interested in insuring that you have access to what you need,
when you need it.

http://www.nha2004.com/index_res.asp?w=3D800&h=3D600

<<Did you know that the federal Food and Drug Administration has just
issued a rule that will enable it to ban dietary supplements arbitrary?

Don't you want Congress to reverse that rule before the supplements
you depend on are taken off the market?

  Responsible members of the dietary supplement industry were all too

glad to see ephedra taken off the market. However, the FDA in its
ephedra ruling established a new legal standard that gives it unlimited

authority to swoop down and ban any products that it chooses, without
proving that the product is harmful

.......snip......

Today, consumers must once again put the federal government on notice.

Tell your Congressman or Congresswoman that you want him/her to take
whatever action is necessary to maintain the regulatory regime
established 10 years ago under DSHEA, while taking ephedra off the
market. Consumers are encouraged to visit The Nutritional Health
Alliance website at www.nha2004.com regularly for up-to-the-minute news

and information on the campaign to protect your right to purchase safe
and beneficial dietary supplements. Don=92t let the FDA take your
vitamins away! Write, e-mail or fax representative in Congress today!
Visit
www.nha2004.com today for the name and address of your congressman,
along with helpful tools and sample letters for your convenience.

Together we can ensure that consumers have access to the dietary
supplements they have grown to depend on! .>>