Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:39:30 +0000

For a summary of the parts of two recent Chicago Tribune stories on allergen labeling most important to those who follow the gluten-free diet, go to www.glutenfreeliving.com. Click on Current Events at the bottom of the home page.

You will also find links to the full Tribune stories, "Children at risk in food roulette" and "A recipe for disaster"

Plus we have the first reaction to the stories from a gluten-free food maker. Enjoy Life Foods today released a statement that praised the Tribune investigation as "long overdue." The food company also detailed the steps it takes to produce safe gluten-free products. You can read the full statement in our current events section.
--
Amy Ratner
Associate Editor