From:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:46:41 -0500

Thanks to all who responding to my inquiry about eating at the Renasaince
Faire in Bristol, Wi.

I got some great info:
- a link to the website describing all the food:
http://www.renfair.com/bristol/about/food.php
- quote:"My Celiac husband and I used to be regulars at Bristol before we
moved to Florida. Here are some of the foods he found he
could safely eat there and where he found them: roasted corn (on High
Street), baked potatoes stuffed with fresh vegetables but no cheese sauce
(also on High Street), steamed artichokes (at the Buttery),and of course
great big pickles from a barrel! For the sweet tooth, gelato or Italian
ice. He also ate the roasted nuts and they didn't bother him, but as with
the turkey legs he hates to ask about ingredients and won't let me ask, so
I can't verify that they are GF.   As for the turkey legs, he ate one
pretty much every weekend we were there and never had a problem, but he
hates to ask about ingredients so you might want to check that for
yourself just to be sure the legs are GF. If you care to imbibe a little,
several places also sell wine. No GF beer there yet, but with the
Lakefront Brewery so close, who knows? Maybe New Grist will make its way
there if enough people request it!"
- and a reply from the General Manager of the Faire! :  quote"Please be
sure to ask the food vendors about their products--we have 35 of them and
I would not speak for them to be sure about their products.The ones I know
of: Rib Eye Steaks--ask for one directly off the grill; Steak on a Stick
ask for one directly off the grill; Pork Chops on a Stick  ask for one
directly off the grill; Baked Potatoes with veggies; Pickels; Chocolate
covered bananas; Strawberry Daquris"

I was encouraged that there might be so many choices!   When we got there,
I got a turkey leg and did not put on any of the sauce.  Unfortunately,
twenty minutes later I was rushing for the 'privies'!  Since there were
not any close enough, I ended up knocking at the First Aid door and they
rushed my right to their bathroom.  They were very nice.  I am lucky in
that when I am glutened it is a pretty quick response, then after a trip
or two to the restroom my digestive system just seems to shut down.  The
rest of the day I sipped soda and water and wine, but did not risk any
more food.  If I go again I might try one of the recomendations for the
general manager above.

Pam in IL

*******
*******