From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:14:30 EDT

First, my apologies - I sent this message September 1, but the  gremlins
snatched it out of the ether and none of the intended recipients  received it
... so we'll try again, and hope everyone can come.

One important goal of Whidbey Island GIG is to support local businesses who
 cater to our specific needs ... and you can bring along a guest who may
not even  care if the pizza is gluten free! There will be plenty of pizza and
salad bar  choices for everyone.

The Gluten Free Galley is a small store just across the lobby from Good
Times Pizza Buffet, so it will be easy for a few of us at a time to have a
leisurely look-see at the GF products for sale and perhaps find a few new
favorites. The Galley has a selection of frozen foods, so if you think you
might  like to try some, bring your insulated bags!

What: Lunch at Good Times Pizza Buffet
Look-See at Gluten Free  Galley

When: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:30 AM

Where: Good Times Pizza Buffet
830 Pioneer Way
Oak Harbor,  WA
360-682-2142

Cost:  Full Lunch: $8.50 per person ($7.50 for people 65 and  over)

Reservations: PLEASE call the restaurant a few days in advance to reserve
your spot at the table and request the gluten-free pizza.
(The owner is very  accommodating and aware of the need to prevent
cross-contamination, etc.; I am  told he has a dedicated machine for the crust and
uses a separate oven ... no  small investment for a local specialty
restaurant.)

Transportation: Those living on the south end can car pool from the
community Share-a-Ride lot in Freeland (beside the Lutheran Church).

Plan to leave the parking lot at 10:30 AM

Extras: Bob's Red Mill sent Coyla Shepard a wonderful gift of their new GF
oat flour and oats; she will be bringing recipes and maybe even some
cookies  made from these new products.

We'll be sending you more information about other WIGIG activities.

Hope to see you September 14!

Coyla Shepard - 360-321-4083
Kate Steele - 360-720-2787
Whidbey  Island Gluten Intolerance Group