Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:31:40 EST

Thanks to all of your for your suggestions - most of them constructive!

If you like creamy soups, like tomato soup, you might like these, especially
as a hot soup out of a mug.
Dissolve 1 cube or 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon in 1/2 C. hot water Add 1 jar
baby food chicken and 1 jar baby food squash. Heat all together and mix.
Provides a steaming thick soup.
        OR
Dissolve 1 cube or 1 Tbsp. beef bouillon in 1/2 C. hot water
Add 1 jar baby food beef
and 1 jar baby food green beans
Heat all together and mix thoroughly.
Provides a steaming thick soup.

Made up these recipes after being sent home after surgery on a "full liquid -
semi soft diet"
Susan in OH

a few GF soft foods I eat:

risotto
polenta
GF waffles (butter & syrup can soften crunchy edges)
hummus (good protein)
baba ganoush (mid-east spread of pureed roasted eggplant and tahini
(ground sesame seeds), garlic,  lemon & pepper to taste)
tofu & tempeh (even grilled, neither is too chewy and certianly not crunchy)
steamed, roasted, or well-blanched veggies
sauteed greens
baked winter squash
creamy PB

We also blend lox with cream cheese - you can even make it heavy (2:1 ratio)
on the lox or other smoked fish, mashing it well, & spread on a soft warm corn
tortilla & roll it up to eat

& I often cook garlic or carrots or a parsnip or turnip in the water with the
spud before mashing it all together.

Best wishes for no more dental surgery!!

Jack
_______________
I have heard that Jamba Juice and Smoothie King have gluten-free options for
their smoothies, but I have never tried one personally since I've been
diagnosed.  I will get there to try it one of these days.  Of course, as always, make
sure to check with them on what would be GF.  I make my own smoothies.  You
can put in whatever you like, frozen berries, bananas, orange juice, apple
juice, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ice, any or all of the above ingredients
work well.  Just put them in a blender and you've got a smoothie!

______________
I've had an implant as well as jaw surgery and had to be on a soft diet for
years until this was resolved. As it is, I still can't eat really crunchy foods
as it tires my jaw. The foods you describe below sound very appropriate.
Also, all GF soups, smoothies, shakes, should be fine.
 _________________
Interesting about drugs not being made in the U.S. I'm on Pepcid now and it's
manufactured in India. How do I know if it's what is truly being prescribed?
______________
Hi,
Try eating potatoe soup.  I also use ground pork, with onions, seasoned to
your taste, and cut up cabbage in it and let it cook down somewhat.  You can add
pepper sauce to it or a hot seasoning or just leave it meaty tasting.
It is great either way.  And cabbage helps clean out our systems from
glutenation.  Quick and easy.  Have a great one, and thanks.  I am going to have to
have work done and am dreading the hassle.  So thanks for the input.
__________
Your situation is like my daughter after she had wisdom teeth cut out.  She
also ate puddings, soup, tuna salad (grate the celery or use celery seed
instead of crunchy celery), eggs, nut butter instead of nuts, juice pops, milk shake
type stuff.   I hope they got the infection under control.  Make sure they
give you enough antibiotics.  When my Dad had antibiotics for an infection with
a root canal, they gave him 3 weeks worth at a relatively high dose so it
penetrated all the tissue.  It did the job, and even got rid of his boils (the
family doc had given too short a course of antibiotics for the boils, but the
dentist cured them by accident).
If you have enough money for a tooth implant maybe you ought to get a
competent Dentist.
Alan

Many members suggested smoothies (one made with a Vita Mix but I don't have
one)