From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 15:36:59 -0500

As a mother who is gluten intolerant & also the parent of two finicky
eaters who may also be gluten intolerant I want to remind you that this
list has an extensive recipe file.

You just need to use the index feature that Jim Lyles posted last week.

Betty Hagman's recipes have been posted on this list, and yes, I was one
of the many who rushed out and bought her book as a result. And I
misplaced my book during a recent move, so I do appreciate the postings...

There are those of us unstructured beings who can't resist tinkering
with a recipe - (like substituting mayonnaise for part of the eggs, oil,
and vinegar in a recipe) or placing a recipe in a new venue.
These become "new recipes" not found in the books.

(And I think the archived recipes should be published for the benefit of
our fellow sufferers who are not on line, and the benefits assigned to a
scholarship fund or creation of a political action committee).

I appreciate those of you who posted on copyright laws.  This is a
very gray area of which we need to be respectful. But I survive the stress
of being a working single parent by the humor, insight and camaderie of
this list.

*Please*, there are many things to be passionate about, and worth
defending, and they do extend to your need to find menus and recipes that
work.  That's why the recipe archives are there.

What is unimportant to this list is who is more right, or who has the
more defensible position.  Okay, we heard your opinion.    My opinion
is, if it ain't informative or entertaining, please keep it to two pages
or less...

Bec

Who sees herself in the willingness to test her limits, but in her case,
it's the speed limit and those pesky stop signs.