From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 03:47:16 -0600

I was recently told by a pharmacist that the Lactaid liquid drops were
gf, but when I called the company they said they cannot guarantee that
they are. I am extremely lactose intolerant and was not going to use it
for dairy products. It was suggested to be used with the medication I
take since the drug contains a small amount of lactose coating. There is
no other drug that can replace this one, so that is not an option.

Has anyone used Lactaid in any form successfully? Does the tiny amount of
lactose used as a coating or filler in a prescription drug cause a
problem, or is it a non-issue?

Thanks for any advice! Christie in TX