From:
Harriett Langdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 14:37:20 EDT

Exec. Secretary, Dept. of Surgery
Phone: 588-5453
To all you fortunate people who live in the Denver/Englewood/Boulder, Colorado
area, I would like to let you know about a wonderful restaurant - Grady's Amer-
ican Grill.  This particular location is managed by Paul Foster.  I gave our
waitress the printed "NO-NO" list which I had copied from this list. She was
uncertain about the menut items I inquired about and the next thing I knew, the
manager, Mr. Foster, came by to say he could prepare anything on their menu to
my satisfaction and definitely gluten free.  He was very desirous of staying
on the safe side.  I ordered my dinner and soon he returned to say he was un-
sure about one item I had requested.  He brought out their "Grady's Bible" -
a 3 inch thick binder which showed the ingredients in every item on their menu.
He said that all chain restaurants would have such an ingredient listing.  I
thought I had died and gone to Heaven.  Dinner arrived - it was great!!!!! I
thanked Mr. Foster and our waitress profusely.  I would hope all Grady
restaurants would be as considerate.  There was one caveat----we were dining
during "off hours" so I would recommend being considerate if you are at the
restaurant during "prime time".  Again, Paul Foster, thanks for a delightful
dining experience.  An not to be left out also was Chef Robert Vondran at the
Macaroni Bar & Grill on Arapahoe Ave. He came to the table and we talked one-
on-one as to what safe items would be available.  He was only too happy to pro-
vide outstanding food that was gluten free.  We had similar experiences in
Boulder at the Mediterranean CAfe and the Dandelion.  I must say Denver and
surrounding territory are very accommodating to gluten free dining guests.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.