From:
Nanette Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:39:54 EDT

Thanks for the many Emails saying diet Coke IS gluten free.  Many, many
people have called the manufacturer on this one.

I also received many, many warnings about aspartame, an ingredient in diet
Coke.

Thanks.

***According to the coke company, they are both gluten free. I recently
had to quit diet coke because I seemed to be having gluten type
reactions from drinking it. I did a survey on my web site about it one
time and about 6 out of 10 individuals stated it also made them sick.
Again the company states it is gluten free, but I often wonder if maybe
there may be some trace amounts of gluten in the Carmel coloring.

****Diet Coke is GF, but it could still bother you for other reasons. I
*LOVE* diet Coke, cannot drink it because I have acid reflux, and it's
forbidden on the GERD diet. GERD is commonly found in people with celiac.