From:
Lauren Sarantou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:00:13 +0900

I thought I'd share with you a delicious meal we've been enjoying
during the hot, steamy days of the wet season.

In oriental grocers you can buy rice paper spring roll wrappers. They
are the Vietnamese kind. The Chinese kind are made of wheat.

Soak a spring roll wrapper in water until it is soft. Then place it
on your plate and lay filling across the middle (as if you were
making a crepe or yiros). I'm vegetarian so I fill mine with shredded
lettuce, sprouts, shredded carrot, harusame (bean noodles), tofu and
konnyaku. My husband also puts chicken or prawn in his. Roll up the
wrapper and dip in tamari or your favourite gf chili sauce.

Enjoy!

http://www2.117.ne.jp/~chunky/index.html