Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 08:26:20 -0500

Gayle and the list.
digestive enzymes would help our condition and after two years of waiting for
my gut to quiet down I am finally taking Freeda vitamins with mostly
B-complex. (B vitamins are supposed to help digestion according to my medical
readings).Sure enough I have gained 8 pounds in the last two weeks (from 150
to 158, I'm 6"2). Still trying to get back to my "pre-celiac" 172.
The other part of the digestive enzyme story in my mind is the possibility of
a pancreatic insufficiency.  Couldn't get my dr. to prescribe a supplement.
 Tests didn't reveal any need? Have to go with the pros on that decision.
Part 2 of your post.....the vacation.  Here is my idea....I went to a
wonderful GF dinner in connecticut about three weeks ago.  The chef was very
familiar with gluten problems, either someone in his family or he, himself,
was GF.  Anyhow,  I asked him if he would be interested in cooking GF for a
group on vacation and he thought it was a very interesting idea.  My thought
is this.  We find a place.  Then pay for his and his family's vacation and he
would prepare meals for us at the resort kitchen.  (Actually I spoke to him
about a cruise).  Something to think about.  Believe me this guy was good  ,
even willing to share his GF recipies and make things to order for the group.
(The CT celiac group.  One of the best).
Does this idea have any merit?  What do others think?
If you want to e-mail me privately.  ([log in to unmask]) However,  this may
be a subject that the list members would want to participate in.  Good Luck