From:
Ginger Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:45:13 -0500

May I preface my post by stating that I am on pribiotics for yeast
overgrowth (prescribed by Dr. Cynthia Rudert). For about a year and a half,
I have had the sensation of constant bladder pressure which has gradually
gotten worse.  In December I saw a very highly recommended urologist while
I was out of town.  He prescribed Detrol LA (4mg) and in about three days,
I was relatively back to normal.  I was elated!

Several weeks after that, I contracted a stomach virus and quit taking
the medicine for five days because I couldn't hold anything on my
stomach.  After I starting back on the medicine, the urgency didn't stop
again like the first time I started the medicine.  Then I was treated
for bronchitis with a gluten-free antibiotic which is known to cause
yeast i nfections.  My family doctor gave me a prescription for Diflucan
150 mg.  I took one, no better with the urgency, and in seven days I
took another.  No better.  Then I began using Monistat every night just
in case it was a yeast infection.  No better.

I kept hoping my problem was a yeast infection, but obviously it is not.
The urologist suggested that I consider having a C-T scan.  I will do that
if I need to, but I really want your feedback first.  I truly trust you and
rely heavily on your input.

I will summarize your replies.

Thank you very much.

Ginger Conner

PS My sister who is a nurse is desperately pushing me to have a colonoscopy
and a C-T scan and I do definitely plan to have the colonoscopy because of
my age.