From:
Michelle Bargmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:04:24 EDT

Hello Everyone!
    I just returned a few weeks ago from my honeymoon at a Sandal's Resort in
the Bahamas.  I was scared to death about how they would deal with my food
issues.  But, my travel agent gave me the number and name of the person to
contact in the Food and Beverage Dept. and everything went great from there.
I spoke to a man names Lorenzo.  He was the head of the F&B dept.  He was
wonderful.  He assured me that this was not going to be a problem(yeah,
right, I thought!!!).  I faxed him my GF restaurant card and he asked me if
there was anything specific that I wanted them to order for my arrival.

When I entered my resort room, the phone rang within 5 minutes.  It was
Lorenzo and he was calling to set up a meeting so that we could go over
everything in even more detail than we had before. (Did I mention that he
called me TWICE prior to my arrival, from the Bahamas, just to ask a couple
questions and to reassure me that things would be no problem!!)  We sat down
and went through everything that we needed to discuss.  They even suggested
that they would purchase all new cooking pans and utensils to cook my food in
during my stay!!  They were willing to get me anything that I wanted and they
did a great job.  I basically told them each day what restaurant I would be
eating at for each meal and they would have my meal waiting.  If I wanted to
go to a buffet, they would just send a clean pan to the buffet area and make
me whatever I wanted right there on the spot (nice for breakfast omelettes!)

I ate like I have never eaten before.  I did keep it basic, but I just did
that because I felt that that would be the best for everyone, but I ate fish,
filet mignon, chicken, etc. like a Queen.  I am certain that they would have
been absolutely happy to have purchased some dessert mixes from Gluten Free
Pantry or any of the GF websites and stores, but because this was my first
trip, I again kept it simple.  I NEVER felt like I was inconveniencing them
at all.  They were fantastic people to deal with.  The cooks even came out
each evening and introduced themselves to me and just came out to see if
things were going well and if I was eating enough.  They told me that they do
quite a bit with the Jewish population.  They mentioned that many Jewish
groups come in together and they shut down a kitchen to do all of their
kosher cooking.  Great experience...I would highly recommed it.  Wouldn't
this be a great experience for a GF group???  I WILL be going back soon!!!

Michelle
Strongsville, Ohio