From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 18:43:31 -0400

This week I dined at the Cracker Barrel restaurant and found that a list of Gf items I had copied from this list were very outdated so I wrote to Cracker Barrel and inquired as to whether they had a GF list or could suggest things to eat since there are many of their restaurants on the East Coast. This is the reply I received.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.  We appreciate receiving your inquiry and we do understand your concern.

We are aware that some folks do suffer from gluten intolerance.  It is our understanding that, depending upon the person, there are many levels, types, and degrees of gluten intolerance and because of that and the risk of cross-contamination in the cooking process, we do not have that information available.

Again, we do appreciate receiving your message.  We certainly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Sincerely,

Jamie Word
Guest Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc."

I still feel it's possible to eat there with the help of the waitress and manager and they were very helpful indeed.

I have no financial interest.
Nancy