From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:44:01 -0800

Even though I know I'll get more responses on this topic, I wanted to post a
summary right away because I've received feedback many will want to hear,
especially how to read & see this interview.  ~Valerie in Tacoma
---------------
Valerie, Here's the link to an article about the show this morning.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/30/earlyshow/contributors/emilysenay/mai
n2218359.shtml
If you wish to see the video, click on "All Emily Senay Videos", then on
"The Early Show" and then on the video for celiac disease.  It was short,
but informative.  - Shirley
-------------------------
Funny you should write about that.  Tonight the local CBS station (KCAL9)
aired what was probably the same thing.
My reaction was that the last statement was misleading, and wrote the
station's news editor, explaining that we need to have correct information
to educate the public.  Vi Orloff, Encino, CA
-------------------------
That is so true.  When I mention Celiac, I have heard so many people say
Oh, i had that before, but my dr told me if i watch for 6 months, I will be
cured.   You just can't convince people that it is a life time diet.
Yes, and even if they did get the wrong impression that the disease  would
be cured in 6 mos, that's not all.  The statement that the gut will be
healed in six months is not even accurate.  We also know that it may take
much longer, even years for the gut to completely heal. I wasn't diagnosed
until I was  50 and it took a good two years before my gut healed.  I do
believe there is a lot of misinformation out there, but on the other hand,
we do seem to be getting more and more press all the time.  Guess it's a
little bad with the good, huh.  Thanks
for sharing.  You raise an important topic. Take care, Deb in NJ