From:
Gladys Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gladys Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:02:17 -0400

Message    Earlier this month I had a slight gluten reaction for several days. the only thing I could possibly trace it to was that I had opened  a new box of Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise cereal. This is my favorite cereal and I have been eating it for a long time. Yet, once in a while I would have symptoms of slight gluten ingestion that I could not figure out. I did not want to accept the results of my thinking but remembered a posting a while back about cross contamination being suspected where Mesa Sunrise Cereal was involved.
    I contacted the company and received the forwarded reply. It is very interesting that Nature's Path claims their gluten free cereals  are tested & gluten free. So why are they going to the tremendous expense of opening a gluten free facility next summer? I'm very glad they are, but since I am extremely sensitive to cross contamination issues, I will wait until this is accomplished before having any more of their products.
    This is the same situation we had several years ago with millet bread made in Deland Bakery at Deland, Florida. I'm still grateful to Mike Jones, one of the list/serv administrators,  for have the millet bread tested by an independent lab, even though he had not eaten the bread himself.  That's dedication!
Best Regards,

Gladys Ward