From:
Chuck Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:03:59 -0700

Thanks to the many of you who helped me during the summer.
I am now about 6 mos. GF
and am glad many of my body's "internal systems" have levelled off.

One thing still does not make any sense,
so I pose the question to you all.

I don't cook (remember me: cooking for a non-cooker?)
so I go to lunch @ Souper Salad a lot.
In the "old days," I would always have two Dr. Pepper's with my salad.
Well, a good member of this group hastened me to give up all sugar a while,
so I did.

Now, however, if I have the Dr. Pepper and it's free refill, I notice a
definite change in my mood and ability to concentrate (no, concentration is
not enhanced).  My contact lenses (gas permeable hard) begin to have
difficulty as well as my eyes' tears become "blurry."

If, however, I have their pink lemonade, everything is fine.

In various ways, I have decided the culprit is

High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Does this make sense to any of you all?

Grateful in West Texas.
                          __ __
                           +  +
                         (  <>  )
                            \_/
      Chuck Emerson         RaceWalker
      Long Term Care Insurance Agency
      El Paso, TX,  USA               79925
      (915) 778-5171          fax 778-5709
 Life, Disability, Annuities, Health/Medical