From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 23:26:26 PDT

Hi everybody
We bought a popover pan last week, and have had a lot of success with
making gf popovers.  This recipe is a bit easier to do than the one in BH's
book.  I adapted it from the recipe that came with the packaging on the
pan.  I'm going to go buy another pan tomorrow, these are SOOO good.
Crispy and crusty on the outside, fluffy on the inside.

Popovers
1 1/2 cups gf flour mix (I  used the French Bread/Pizza Mix from the Gluten
Free Pantry)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups milk (room temperature)
1 Tbs butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 450.  Whisk the dry ingredients together until well
combined.  Spray the popover pan with gf cooking spray.  Beat the eggs
slightly, add milk and butter, then beat in dry ingredients until smooth.
Don't overbeat.  Spoon batter into popover pan.  Bake at 450 for 15
minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and continue baking for an additional 25
minutes.  Makes six popovers.

These are really good right out of the oven, but DH took some cold ones
with him to work the other day and said that they were really good.

Chris in CA
MoM of Eileen, Anna, and Laura