From:
sarah letard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sarah letard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:52:08 -0800

I am looking for scientific/journal articles about the link between  celiac and RA.  I was not clear enough in my original post.   I had already searched Medline, Cinahl,  and SciSearch.   Basically, I found that there are a overwhelming number or articles,  because there is definately a statistical link in the occurance of CD  and RA.  However, the specifics are mysterious and most of the  research about CD has not been focused specifically on CD and RA, they  just mention that people with CD are "at risk".   However, doing a  search, there is not an easy way to filter out the "bad" from the  "good".

  I was hoping some people here might be able to help me find the  articles that are specific and good and useful, based on their own  experience.  I did get many responses, which I really  appreciate.  Most of the responses were people asking for a  summary, because other readers are interested in this topic.   Several people suggested I access PubMed or Celiac.com or Hasty Pasty a  similar information site, and look at the bibliography for their  information.  Although I already did this, I still appreciate the  suggestion- gotta think outside the box!  Anyhow, I did not get  any links to specific articles, but for other readers here who are  interested, celiac.com and hastypasty.com both have FAQs with  citations.  On both sites, try looking for info on arthritis, on  rheumatoid arthritis, and on autoimmune disorders.

  -Sarah