From:
Marc and Tavie Glassmire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:40:32 -0500

Hello All,
Thought that I would take the opportunity to relate a
fabulous dining experience that I had yesterday.

We had been to several wineries sampling wine in central Virginia when
we decided to get something to eat.

Several years ago (before my diagnosis) we had eaten at this restaurant
and enjoyed it very much.  We decided to try it again.  It is very
popular and usually requires reservations but due to the early hour we
thought we would try our luck.  They were able to accommodate us with no
reservations.  We were a party of five that besides my celiac to be
addressed also included a strict vegetarian in the group.  I showed the
CSA restaurant card to the owner and his first comment was 'wheat gluten
sensitivity' yes we get a lot of customers with this.  They had meat and
seafood specials and also prime rib.  One of the specials was salmon
stuffed with crab meat.  Of course the specials had hollandaise sauce
and other things that I could not eat.  He took the card to the kitchen
and talked to the chef.  A few moments later he was back with several
cans and other items showing me the ingredients list.

I ended up with a specially prepared special of crab stuffed salmon in a
basil wine sauce......delicious!  Name of restaurant is Toliver House
Restaurant,  209 North Main Street, Gordonsville, VA 22942, phone
540-832-3485 fax 540-832-5030.  The owner Mike DeCanio said that with a
few days notice that they could be even more accommodating.  I also add
that the vegetarian in our group was also extremely pleased with their
meal as well. Gordonsville is a small community just east of Route 29.
It is at the intersection of rte 15 and rte 33.  If you are into wine
tasting it is approx. 20 minutes from Barboursville and Burnley
Wineries.  I happened to have an extra copy of the restaurant card with
me and Mike (the owner) asked if he could keep it so he has that
information as well.