From:
Erich Stuberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:10:47 -0500

Thanks to all of you for your overwhelming response and offers of support.
I received close to 80 responses.  I will try and summarize the best I can
without taking hours of my/your time.

[log in to unmask] was VERY helpful...and recommends bread made by
Ener-g-foods called "six flour loaf"

*********

most of the GF stuff I use is from Mona's.  Their bread is fantastic!!
They do delivery everywhere from the internet ordering at www.madebymona.com

***************

Sara The breads made by Food for Life are delicious.  The rice breads
I've eaten are all much better after being lightly toasted, so don't
just taste an untoasted slice and decide whether or not its good.  Carol

***************************

A lot of people suggested GF pantry for bread

*******

for gravy glutino.com has a product you can buy and just add water
many people suggested using cornstarch or a GF flour such as rice to thicken
it.

   ***************************

www.kinnickinnik.com has the best Gluten free baked goods as far as breads,
etc are concerned.  the Mi-del and Pamelas cookies are all pretty good and
you can get those in most health food stores.  The ener-g pasta and
tynckyada (spelling) is the best rice pasta out!  I have tried a lot of
things. www.glutenfreepantry.com all of their mixes are great.  The lasy who
owns it is  celiac and cameup with them all herself.  Chocolate truffle
brownies are to die for!

     Heather

*************************

One thing I learned from all of you is that Betty Hangman is the patron
saint for celiacs, numerous people suggested her books.

**************************

<< good brown gravy recipe. >> Toast SWEET rice flour in a dry pan.  Add
to pan dripping to make gravy.  It will not break down as it cooks &
will continue to thicken just like wheat flour does.  Closest thing to a
g.f. roux as you will find.

   ***************************

For the best bread recipe, go to this site:
http://forums.delphi.com/n/main.asp?webtag=celiac&nav=messages and
search for msg #901.14 You have to adjust the water amount depending of
the humidity.  You could need 1/2 c. less. This site is invaluable, for
all kind of celiac subjects.

******************************

Lawry's brown gravy mix, also their turkey gravy mix, is made with
cornstarch and is GF. It's wonderful! Hope that helps.

Betsy in FL

Watkins Beef soup and Gravy mix is GF and I use it as my starter for
gravy. I just add cornstarch slurry as the thickener.

suggested web sites:
http://www.causeyourespecial.com
http://www.kinnikinnick.com
http://www.causeyourespecial.com