From:
Tamsin Looker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamsin Looker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:24:39 -0400

I want to share with you all a wonderful vacation find which was my husband's birthday gift to me. We stayed at a farm in beautiful Umbria, Italy, where the hosts offered gourmet gluten free breakfasts and dinners prepared with their own homemade sausages, cheeses olive oil and and homegrown organic vegetables. We were served polenta, homemade fresh GF pasta which was incredible, and all with fabulous sauces and locally made olive and truffle spreads. We also had the option of preparing our own meals in our little apartment which was in a charming old stone farmhouse and had a kitchen. Our hosts had many GF products on hand (many of them better than we get in the US) and told us how to shop for anything else. They took us to a bakery that had fabulous fresh GF bread and rolls and to a Gelateria with GF ice cream. If that wasn't enough, we were a short drive from beautiful Assisi, Gubbio, Orvieto, Perugia etc. etc. which all had top notch gluten aware restaurants. They, like our farm hosts which handled me and my food so seamlessly I felt like I was back in my pre-celiac life, but living it with more appreciation. The farm is very reasonably priced, a real working farm and therefore not fancy but comfortable. They have lovely children, 350 sheep, olive trees and gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. I love to think that any of you might be able to enjoy this place as I did. Tamsin in NYC