From:
Michelle Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:44:16 -0400

Sharon,

When we were in Chicago we ate at a pizza place called Lou Malnati's
Pizzeria.  The pizza was made with a sausage crust and was really
good.  The only drawback to that pizza is if you are watching your
fat intake.  A couple of places we ate at were: Volare, Salad
Spinners, Shaw's Crab House, Bistro 110 & Charlie Trotters.

Volare is an amazing Italian restaurant that if you tell them about
your food allergies, they will work very hard to accommodate you.

Salad Spinners are all around town, their Caesar salad, Oriental
Express salad(minus the dressing & fried noodles), Mexicali salad
(minus the dressing & tortilla chips), Applenut Salad, Cherry Chow
Salad, Little Italy Salad(minus the tortellini), Tropical Sunsplash
salad are safe.  When we went the chicken was safe(just ask).

Shaw's Crab House was good, accommodating with the allergy issue, can
be pricey depending on what you get.

Bistro 110 will accommodate you again telling about your food allergies.

If you can get reservations and want a really amazing dining
experience, Charlie Trotters is the place to go.  They will bend over
backwards to make sure you have the most amazing dinner.  If you can
get reservations, just tell them you are celiac.

Depending on when you are going, the best restaurant guide you should
get is the "Triumph Dining - The Essential Gluten-free Restaurant
Guide".  We bought the book and the cards that are in many languages
for traveling and both the book and the cards have come in handy.  My
husband carries the english/spanish card in his pocket all the time.
We have used the book in Chicago, New York, Vegas, Denver, and even
here in maryland where we live.  I have absolutely no connection with
this company, I just really thing everyone who travels should get the
guide and cards.

Good Luck
Michelle Schwartz

*******