From:
Stacey Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:43:20 -0500

I just spoke with a representative from Warner-Lambert, the makers of
Trident Sugarless Gum.  Her response was a double-edged sword of
sorts.  "There are no ingredients containing gluten in the product.
However, since they do not test for gluten, they cannot guarantee it is
gluten-free as there is always a risk of possible contamination in the
manufacturing process at their company and that of their suppliers."  She
did go on to say that they clean lines between runs.  I guess it's back to
the individual to make the decision if it is safe for them.

Wouldn't it be nice if companies would commit one way or the other and not
get led by their attornies who are trying to avoid lawsuits?

Stacey
Coral Springs, FL