Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:29:40 -0500

I called the Springfield Creamery which makes Nancy's Cultured Soy (541-689-
2911) and they told me that the information in the FAQ is out of date.
They used to use a vegan amylase enzyme that was grown on a wheat bran
wafer and then centrifuged and washed.  They have since changed to a
different amalyse which they have been assured is gluten-free.  Here is
their current statement:

elaine kesey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Here is the statement from our source of Amylase.  “This is to confirm
that ****** Fungal Amylase Liquid has not used wheat in the fermentation
process.  This is also to confirm that *****Fugal Amylase Liquid is
produced from a non-GMO organism.”  I have omitted the trademarked name-not
sure if it is proper to include it.  Elaine

I received one message from someone who reacted to corn tortillas
(Geurrero) with amylase in them.

A couple of others suggested staying away from the anything that may
contain wheat peptides.

I guess this means that we need to inquire about amylase when it is listed
as an ingredient.

Thanks to all who responded.