From:
Angela Bulawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:14:05 -0500

I received so many recipes that I don't know where to start!  Thank you so
much for taking the time to share them with me. Please note, not all
recipes are CF.

I did one at Christmas for my husband and he loved it. I believe I got it
out of Bette Hagman's book.
The recipe in The Gluten Free Gourmet is absolutely delicious!!

I liked Namaste mix: http://www.gfcfdiet.com/bakingcanning.htm
Namaste Foods (208) 676-9632 or 1-866-258-9493 www.namastefoods.com
(on-line ordering)
   Brownie Mix, Blondie Mix, Muffin Mix, Spice/Carrot Cake Mix, Chocolate
Cake Mix

I recently found a wonderful cake mix at the health food store by Namaste
that was gfcf and if you added carrots to it, you could have a delicious
carrot cake (to the spice cake mix).  I also bought the chocolate cake mix
by this company and my kids thought this was by far the best gf cake they
have had.  You just add water and oil to it and the cake comes out nice
and moist, with very few crumbs.
This one gets rave reviews everytime someone brings it to a meeting...It's
been in the group for over 20 years.

Carrot Cake
from Kathy Dzioba
Beat:  4 eggs    2 c. sugar      3/4 c. oil
Add: 3-4 oz. jars Gerber strained carrots
Mix together & add to above:
  2 c. g.f. flour               3 tsp. cinnamon
  2 tsp. baking soda       1 tsp. salt
  1 tsp. xanthan gum
Stir in: 1 c. chopped nuts, if desired
Pour into lightly greased 9x13" pan.  Bake at 350º for 40 minute.  Frost
w/ butter cream or cream cheese frosting.
1)MOIST CARROT CAKE
  ====================
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp orange juice
2 eggs
2/3 cup potato starch
3/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
1/2 cup choppped nuts (optional)

Combine oil, sugar and dark brown sugar. Mix well. Add all remaining
ingredients except for nuts and carrots. Mix well. Add carrots and nuts
(optional). Mix well. Pour batter into greased 8 x 8
baking pan. Bake 45-55minutes in preheated 300 F oven. Dome on cake will
settle as it cools.
Carrot Cake or muffins

21/2 cups rice flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup GFCF milk
11/2 cups granulated sugar, brown sugar (packed) or
honey
2 cups grated fresh carrots
1 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, well drained
1/2 cup raisins or currants
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Lightly oil and flour nonstick 10-inch tube pan.  Combine flour, cinnamon
and baking soda in large bowl.
In another bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and sugar. In third bowl, mix
together carrots, pineapple, raisins
and walnuts. Add carrot mixture to egg mixture and stir well. Gently add
to flour mixture and mix briefly
to combine. Spoon batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees 30 to
40 minutes or until wood pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake
cool in pan before removing.