From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:27:24 -0500

This is for the archives so when others are planning a trip to Disney World,
they can consider the following:

Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney is FANTASTIC!  This restaurant is a
bit more expensive than some alternatives, but if you want great seafood,
this is the place.  I called ahead and spoke with the executive chef (Frank)
who assured me that he could accommodate my son's diet.  He came out to meet
with us as soon as we were seated.  I was tired of my son eating hot dogs
and hamburgers, so I asked if we could substitute plain grilled shrimp for
the fried shrimp off the children's menu.  No problem.  He even threw on a
few more despite the fact that the grilled shrimp are bigger and more
expensive.  The fries are fried in a dedicated fryer but we ordered them w/o
any seasoning, so he assured us that he would have them dumped immediately
onto my son's plate before they hit the "seasoning bin."  He then asked if
Wyatt liked fruit (YES!) and added a wonderful selection of melons and fresh
pineapple to his plate.  (This wasn't on the children's menu!).  Frank told
us his son has diabetes, so he knows what it it like to have to deal with a
child's special diet.  He came out twice during the meal to see if
everything was okay.  I could have kissed the man!!

This place is definitely worth checking out.  And for the NON-Celiacs in the
group, you MUST try the Dungesses crab cakes.  Superb!

Joy