From:
Brian Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 17:07:48 -0500

Much thanks to all who sent messages regarding my 2 1/2 yr. old son who
will be tested for Celiac Disease soon.  He had been GF and when I had
to put him back on gluten (for the sake of the test) his diarrhea did
not return within 48 hrs. as I had expected.

Most of you wrote me back to say that it is common to have a reaction
two to three weeks after the contact with gluten.  Almost everyone
pointed out that reaction times vary from individual to individual and
that I should go through with the testing.

Interestingly,  he has been having normal stools until today.  It has
now been about a week and a half since he was GF.

It is my hope that Grant's diarrhea is caused by something of lesser
seriousness than CD, but if he is Celiac, I am ready to change to a GF
diet in an instant.  I feel for all of you that have to dramatically
change your lifestyles and that have spent years in many cases not
knowing what was wrong.  I wish you all the best!!!  You have been a
Godsend.

Melinda in TX