From:
Jamie Maher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:30:04 -0500

The consensus was to use the recipe on the marshmallow bag or rice krispie
box and just use GF rice krispies. Apparently traditional rice krispies have
malt. I have included two member's recopies below.

As for obtaining GF rice kripies, here is the information I received (I have
not and cannot verify these):

crispy rice cereal from Kinnikinnick.

Gudrun's crispy rice cereal.
gf rice cereal like Fruity Pebbles.

Rice Twice (ewehorn).

Barbara's Brand Rice Crispers cereal.

Crisp Rice Treats

3 TBL margarine or butter
25 large marshmallows or 3 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
5 cups gf crisp rice cereal

Grease 13x9x2-inch pan.

Heat margarine and marshmallows in 3-qt saucepan over low heat until
melted.

Remove from heat.

Stir in cereal until well coated.

Press mixture in pan, using buttered back of spoon.

Cool. Cut into squares.

Makes 24 bars.

9 cups puffed rice
1 16 oz bag marshmallows (the big ones work better)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 stick of butter or margarine

Spray big pan or Tupperware with Pam. Measure rice into that pan/bowl.

Melt butter in 3 qt saucepan over med heat. Add marshmallows and
stir with pam sprayed spoon until all marshmallows are melted. Take off
of stove and add vanilla. Immediately pour over rice krispies. Stir
until all krispies are well coated. Pour (or dump) into a 13x9 buttered
pan and press down until smooth and all corners are filled. Let set up,
cut, and enjoy.

The vanilla is our own addition - I've never seen a recipe with it, but
we like the added taste, and we've never had anyone who didn't. We
modified a recipe from the Kellogg's box to use a 16 oz bag of
marshmallows so we wouldn't have leftovers.