From:
Ruth Arcuri-Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 19:48:35 -0400

Our celiac/dh support group meets Monday evening -- I read the posts
regarding the new labeling changes and the Food Allergy Network and had
an idea for a group project..

I think I'll request each of our group members (and interested parties)
to write a note recommending that the labeling changes specifically
include: "list all gluten-containing ingredients clearly specified" and
"specify individual source of gluten or gluten-derived ingredient."

If all support groups (and there are a considerable number of us by now)
did this, we might be sure to have the gluten-issue receive the emphasis
we need it to have and there would be no way for us to be inadvertently
"forgotten."  And we have the time to do this before Aug. 13.

(Probably would be necessary for group-leaders to write out and
distribute a form-letter type of note for each member to address and
mail - with a space for individual comments, should the member wish to
include them -- )

What d'you think? ------

Ruth Arcuri-Kovacs:

Chairperson, Celiac/DH Support Group of N. Shenandoah Valley, Winchester,
VA