From:
Grace Vallone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:40:53 EDT

Dear List:

This is my first posting and would deeply appreciate any information from
anyone on Fosamax or anyone that has been on this drug in the past. My doctor
has prescribed the once a week dosage stressing I have extremely bad bones.
My concern is I have been dealing with, in addition to Celiac for about ten
years, Sjogren's and several other illness related to both. I have a history
of not being able to tolerate a lot of medications, I've tried many and have
gotten very ill. I therefore am very reluctant to take this after reading the
literature. I'm am trying to weigh the odds at this point in my life.  I am
an active seventy-three year young, mother and grandmother. I have been on
Pendisione since I was diagnosed with Sjogren's approximately twenty years,
and luckily about ten years ago, one doctor I was seeing for flue like
symptoms said "why don't you try staying off wheat." I am also on thyroid
medication and had a very bad encounter with some shell fish I ate over the
weekend.  I am so tired of being sick to my stomach I'm trying to justify
trying Fosamax with all it's scary side effects. I guess some support is what
I'm looking for. I do know, in the end it will be my decision. Thank you for
your help in advance.

Grace