From:
Nancy Uding <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Uding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:51:06 -0700

Thanks to everyone for sending me ideas on GF BBQ sauces.  Following is the summary.  Please note:  I am NOT confirming GF status of these sauces before listing them here.  If anyone is going to try these and wants confirmation from the manufacturer, you'll need to take care of that yourself.

Most people mentioned Bone Suckin' and Sweet Baby Rays as being both gluten free and delicious, and available many places.  Other ideas were: some versions of Kraft brand, Tony Roma's, KC Masterpiece Original, Bullseye, Annie's, Saz's, Safeway Select, Wegman's Grocery Store brand Memphis Style BBQ Sauce, Cattleman's, some versions of Kroger brand.

Also, go to www.glutenfreeinsd.com to order some online, or get the Clan Thomson list.

A couple people asked me for my recipe.  My family has been happy for years with our home made.  I don't really use a recipe, I eyeball the ingredients, but here is how I make it:
Approximate amounts:
1 c ketchup
1/3 c wheat free tamari
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1/3 c red wine vinegar or herb infused vinegar
1/3 c blackstrap molasses
2 gloves of pressed garlic
Blend and taste, adjust amounts to your taste

Happy grilling!
Nancy U