From:
Mike Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:23:41 -0800

I have discovered that to have fresh sandwiches with GF bread one can
overheat the bread in a microwave, add the filling and put the sandwich,
warm, into a small zip-lock bag. They stay moist and soft.  If you want to
have really soft, not crumbly, GF bread, overheat bread.
By overheating I mean 1 bun 45 seconds in a microwave at about 600watts.
Times vary depending on size of bun, strength of microwave etc.
I read about this technique for regular bread and tried it. I always have
nice soft bread now.
Apparently the overheating releases moisture held in the grain, which would
not be released if only partially heated, say 15 seconds for a bun.
Experiment with this method and time and you will find your GF bread will
be much better textured, no more crumbling hamburger or hotdog GF buns
either, use same technique.