From:
"Vickie A. Puffer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:04:49 -0500

Below are the responses I have received so far regarding the Regal Kitchen-Pro
break maker, model KSPL14243.  I have decided to buy it and will order bread
mixes to use in it rather than trying to make any from scratch (I'm definitely
not a baker).  Thanks for your help!

If you contact Red Star yeast they can tell you about the Regal and other bread
machines.  They will also provide you with recipes for good gluten-free bread.
I do not have their # handy but call 1 800 555 1212 ( toll free) and you can get
it there.  Red Star devotes a great deal of effort to gluten-free research and
even makes their own bread machine.  Jess

The Regal is supposed to be one of the best bread machines for gf bread.  Buy it
and enjoy it!!  Jane

I had one of those and gave it to a friend.  I have had better luck mixing by
hand or buying and freezing and taking one out a time.  Jody

We have a Regal Kitchen Pro and so far we have had good success with it.  We
have had it for about two months.  The instruction booklet even has a
gluten-free section, telling you about substitutions, special use directions,
etc.  Kim

That is the same one I bought to make gf bread.  I love it!!  It even comes with
recipes for gf bread.  I use mainly our favorites out of gf cookbooks I have,
but I really love the machine.  It is really worth every penny!  Tracy

I just wanted to let you know that I purchased a Welbilt from Sears for $99
about two years ago.  It actually was developed to do our flours and does it
does a great job.  The booklet it comes with has information on celiac disease
and recipes using g-f flours.  If you don't receive positive responses on the
Regal, you might check on the Welbilt (Model ABM4800).  Connie

I have the bread machine you are asking about.  I used it to make a bread mix
from The Gluten Free pantry.  I used the fast cycle (69 minutes) and although I
did not care for the texture of the bread it did bake up beautiful, nicely
browned and smelled good.  If you get this machine be sure to follow the
directions for the extra liquid and yeast for the fast cycle.  It also comes
with recipes for gluten free bread.  Sue

If you are going to make the typical batter breads that celiacs tend to make,
virtually any bread machine will work.  When I was first diagnosed I gave away
our bread machine to my son, went out and bought a new Zojirushi which was
suppose to be the best and actually was a waste of money.  Bread as you may know
is our biggest cooking challenge.  Jim

I have that machine.  I don't know why it says for gluten free breads.  I love
it as it is a 2 lb bread maker.  The slices come out nearer to the real size of
wheat bread.  I have been setting it for one rising and it comes out even
better.  Rosalie

My wife tried three bread machines, found them unsatisfactory, and returned them
because she told the vendors that she was buying them on condition they would
bake gluten-free.  One of the unsatisfactory brands was a Regal, but that was
about 4 years ago.  I'm encouraged that the mfg has since developed a gf
approach.  Since they are advertising it for gf bread, you certainly could
return it if it doesn't work (make that known when you buy it).  We settled on a
Toastmaster, on advice of Red Star Yeast Co. (which understands gf cooking - I
think they even have their own bread machine, which might be made by
Toastmaster), and it has been great.  Before that, we had a Panasonic, which
worked good but broke down after a year.

I have the Regal Kitchen Pro bread machine.  Before buying one, check the bread
recipe book and make sure there are gluten free recipes in it.  I have been
using mine for about 4 months, and it makes a good loaf of gluten-free bread.
Even my grandkids like it.  Good luck!  Judy

I?m VERY new at this stuff?diagnosed on 9/14?and saw the machine (Regal) and
purchased it, and as we speak I am on the second loaf!  It's very easy to use,
has quite a few gluten-free tips in the manual, and recipes, but it's too soon
to give you a verdict.  Drop me a line in a week or two, and I'll be more than
happy to pass on opinions.  I'm not just new to C.S., but to breadmaking
altogether!  It's been a challenge.

I have the Regal from Walmart...the Kitchen Pro by Regal and think I paid $59
for it.  We love it !